Tuesday 5 April 2011

Mix Update ...

Still having some trouble emulating the large Pendulum drum sound when mixing down.

I have used parallel compression and a limiter on the snare to give it some 'snap' but comparing to my reference track it still isn't 'kicking' as hard when the drums come in.

This may be down to the mastering ...

However, I have just found a link with some ideas I will follow

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/23-classic-drum-n-bass-tips-155890

The bass and lead sounds sit quite nice in the mix, and follow a similar structure to the Pendulum reference track to give it the darker, 'ravey' edge style.


(Update)

Just found another link;


"How to make the Pendulum Deep Bass Sound"

Will try some of these techniques in my mixdown now I am happy with my track arrangement and structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment